Sippican Lands Trust purchased the Mahoney property along with other adjacent properties in 2009. In 2007, part of the Mahoney property was put in a conservation restriction (CR) with Sippican Lands Trust, and when Sippican Lands Trust purchased the CR land in 2009, the CR was transferred to the Buzzards Bay Coalition
The 365-acre parcel features a rich diversity of habitats including upland pine, mixed hardwood forest, shrub and wooded swamp, and freshwater marsh. The property also features rare flora habitat and several threatened and endangered species such as the Easter Box Turtle and the Four-toed Salamander.
Adjacent to SLT’s White Eagle property.
Sippican Lands Trust Rules and Regulations
- Our land is open from sunrise to sunset.
- No Drugs or Alcohol.
- Pets should be under their owner’s control and dispose of pet waste thoughtfully.
- No smoking or fires.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No littering.
- No camping.
- Leave the plants, animals, and geology as you find them.
- No hunting on SLT property, except with SLT's permission.
- No unauthorized postings on SLT properties.
- Parking for visitors of the Sippican Lands Trust, where applicable. Not all properties have dedicated parking.