The Ludes Estuary was generously donated by Jack and Doris Ludes to the SLT in 1999.
The estuary is nearly 6 acres of woods and marsh located off Creek Road and contains a rare coming together of fresh and saltwater marsh where the creek meets the tides at the Briggs Cove end of Hammett’s Cove. Although no trails presently exist on the property, plans are under way to create trails and a viewing point on the property in the coming year.
Visible to the North as you go along Creek Road.
Sippican Lands Trust Rules and Regulations
- Our land is open from sunrise to sunset.
- No Drugs or Alcohol.
- Pets should be under their owner’s control and dispose of pet waste thoughtfully.
- No smoking or fires.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No littering.
- No camping.
- Leave the plants, animals, and geology as you find them.
- No hunting on SLT property, except with SLT's permission.
- No unauthorized postings on SLT properties.
- Parking for visitors of the Sippican Lands Trust, where applicable. Not all properties have dedicated parking.