Kenney’s Landing is named in memory of Hod Kenney, the former President of the Sippican Lands Trust Board of Directors, who worked diligently and passionately to protect and maintain land and open spaces around Marion.
The 3.05- acre property features trails on both the property owned in “fee” by the Sippican Lands Trust and a Conservation Restriction that Sippican Lands Trust holds with the Town of Marion. Its combination as both a “fee” property and Conservation Restriction is unique in the Sippican Lands Trust’s conserved properties’ portfolio.
Kenney’s Landing provides access to the upper reaches of the Sippican River in Marion.
Just under 1/2 mile north of the I-195 overpass on the right hand side. Turn right on Ichabod Lane and follow to the end of the cul-de-sac.
Sippican Lands Trust Rules and Regulations
- Our land is open from sunrise to sunset.
- No Drugs or Alcohol.
- Pets should be under their owner’s control and dispose of pet waste thoughtfully.
- No smoking or fires.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No littering.
- No camping.
- Leave the plants, animals, and geology as you find them.
- No hunting on SLT property, except with SLT's permission.
- No unauthorized postings on SLT properties.
- Parking for visitors of the Sippican Lands Trust, where applicable. Not all properties have dedicated parking.