The acquisition of the 30-acre Hoff property was finalized in early 2021 in partnership with the Marion Open Space Acquisition Commission (MOSAC) which holds a conservation restriction (CR) on the property.
With frontage along Route 6 and also creating a contiguous forested landscape to the Aucoot Woods, the Hoff Property makes for an amazing addition to SLT. Upcoming plans for a new trail system leading to SLT’s White Eagle Cranberry Bog will make this a desirable and beautiful trail in Marion. The wetlands within the property support a plethora of wildlife like amphibians and birds.
Sippican Lands Trust Rules and Regulations
- Our land is open from sunrise to sunset.
- No Drugs or Alcohol.
- Pets should be under their owner’s control and dispose of pet waste thoughtfully.
- No smoking or fires.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No littering.
- No camping.
- Leave the plants, animals, and geology as you find them.
- No hunting on SLT property, except with SLT's permission.
- No unauthorized postings on SLT properties.
- Parking for visitors of the Sippican Lands Trust, where applicable. Not all properties have dedicated parking.