Check out sippican images – a photograpy journal – local photography of marion, massachusetts, by marian howell
In its 47th year of existence, the Sippican Lands Trust has acquired, through both generous gifts and purchases, 1,350 acres of protected open space. Over 1,100 of these acres are owned in fee and 236 acres are protected with conservation restrictions. These 50+ properties are all in the Town of Marion and range dramatically in acreage.
Maps of all of our properties and trails is included here. We would encourage you to visit all the properties with public access and 10+ miles of trails. A complete list of those properties with additional information can be found here.
When visiting our properties please be mindful of the plants and animals that inhabit these places, and make sure to wear appropriate clothing and shoes while walking in the woods. Please remember to apply insect repellent with DEET to prevent tick and mosquito bites while visiting our properties. For more information on ticks click here.
We encourage visitors to enjoy our natural open spaces that we’ve set aside for the public. However, we do not permit activities that disrupt the integrity of our land.
Sippican Lands Trust Rules and Regulations
- Our land is open from sunrise to sunset.
- No Drugs or Alcohol.
- Pets should be under their owner’s control and dispose of pet waste thoughtfully.
- No smoking or fires.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No littering.
- No camping.
- Leave the plants, animals and geology as you find them.
- No hunting on SLT property except by SLT permission at Aucoot Woods.
- No unauthorized postings on SLT properties.
- Parking for visitors of the Sippican Lands Trust.